FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Can I transfer races after I have already registered?
Prior to May 1, 2013, you may transfer to a different race and/or defer your race by completing our Entry Change Form and returning it to us. Transferring or deferring of races is not allowed after May 1, as the Fargo Marathon Race Committee must redirect its attention to the upcoming races. For more information, visit Race Transfer/Deferral.
2. Can I pick up my packet or can I register on race morning?
There is packet pick-up for all races on Thursday and Friday. However, there is NO Race Day Registration or Packet Pick-up for the Full or Half Marathons or the Marathon Relays. All marathon and half marathon packets MUST be picked up by Friday evening.
3. Can I have someone else pick up my packet?
Yes, you may have another person pick up your packet as long as they provide their ID at the packet pick-up table.
4. For the Relay Teams, can one person pick up the packet for the whole team?
6. Can I switch races or defer my registration to the following year?
We take race transfer or deferral requests on a case by case basis and generally do allow deferrals up to May 1st. After May 1st, there are no more opportunities to switch or defer races.
7. When is packet pick-up for the 5K?
For the Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota 5K Run/Walk, you may pick up your packet at the FARGODOME on Thursday and Friday of race week. Packet pick-up for the 5K must be done by 5:00 pm on Friday prior to the 5K.
8. Can I register on Thursday or Friday during the Expo?
Unfortunately, due to the high demand for race entry, we will NOT be offering race week or weekend registration. The exception to this is the YOUTH RUN, which has no cap on registrations.
9. Will I get any other confirmations before race day?
Yes, you should receive an e-mail confirmation with your bib number on it prior to race week packet pick-up. You can print that out and bring it with you to packet pick-up to make the process go smoothly.
10. Can I wear headphones or use an Ipod during the race?
Yes, you may wear headphones, Ipod, etc. during the races.
11. I have been injured, can I get a refund of my registration fee?
Sorry, but we do not allow for refunds or transfers of your registration fees. You may request to defer your registration to the next year.
12. How old do you have to be to run in the events of the Fargo Marathon or Half Marathon?
Our age requirement for the full marathon is 18 years old, and our age requirement for the half marathon is 14 years old.
13. What kind / flavor of sports drink is offered on the course?
Our Aid Stations are located every two miles apart, beginning at Mile #3. Our official sports drink sponsor is Coca-Cola Midwest Bottling Co., and as such, they will be supplying you with Mountain Berry Blast Powerade.
14. Where is the best motel at which to stay?
If you have not secured lodging yet, we recommend that you call the FM Convention & Visitor’s Bureau for lodging options. The number is 1-800-235-7654.
For more information, visit Hotels and Lodging in Fargo-Moorhead.
15. Can I walk any of the events?
We do allow walkers in all of the events except for the full marathon. The exception is that you may walk the full marathon course, provided you finish within the 7 hour time limit.
16. Is this a Boston Marathon qualifying race?
With a tagline like "RUN FAST?" Yes, the Fargo Marathon is a USATF Certified Course and a qualifying race for those people seeking a trip to the world famous Boston Marathon.
17. Are strollers allowed on the course?
We can ONLY allow strollers, baby joggers, etc. in the 5K Run/Walk, and we require that those participants with such equipment line up at the back of the starting corral to ensure the safety of all participants. We do NOT allow pets in any of our events.
18. Where are the port-a-potties located on the course?
We take tremendous pride in our “excessive” use of port-a-potties! As such, we have located these temporary bathrooms at approximately every 2 miles along the full and half marathon routes.
19. What are the Swanson Products Health & Fitness Expo / Packet Pick-up hours?
The Expo and Packet Pick-up takes place on Thursday and Friday of race week. For times and location of the Swanson Products Health & Fitness Expo, refer to the race week's Schedule of Events. On Saturday of race week, there will be a limited number of Expo vendors open for business.
20. What are the time limits for the Fargo Half-Marathon and Marathon routes?
The time limit for both the Fargo Half-Marathon and Marathon routes is 7 hours.
21. Are there any other rules and regulations regarding the Fargo Marathon?
For additional race rules and regulations, refer to Rules and Regulations.